Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cookery time!

Cooking was always one of my hobbies.But never really got a chance to try it until marriage.The initial days of cooking were really funny,with every item turning into a mess;into a different one.I would no way give up...;);):)I tried again &again till I succeeded.I am very lucky to have a loving husband who has approved my cooking...:)

EASY RECIPES FOR DAILY DINNER

Mutta Aviyal(one of my favorite cuisines)

Ingredients


Eggs-3
Potatoes-2
Coconut-3table spoons
Green chillies-3-4
Curry leaves-a handful
Garlic-2 pods
Cumin(jeera)-1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/4teaspoon
Tamarind-a teaspoon
Asafoetida(kayam)-a pinch
Salt-as needed
Oil-3tab.spoon
Mustard-1teaspoon
Urdu dal-1teaspoon


Cooking method

  • Boil the eggs &keep it apart sliced
  • Soak the tamarind in warm water
  • Place the hob on fire with the sliced potatoes &tamarind.Allow it to boil until potatoes are cooked.
  • Grind coconut,green chillies,turmeric,cumin,&garlic to a fine paste.
  • Once potatoes are cooked,add salt, sliced eggs & the ground paste into it and keep on a low fire.
  • Add oil to another pan,add mustard to splutter& add urd dal and fry it.Also add curry leaves to it.
  • Add this mix to the hob;add asafoetida to the dish & stir lightly.
  • Serve hot with rice.


16 comments:

Neetal said...

ummn.... looks absolutely delicious :)

xenomann said...

wow!

lucky husband![:)]

scorpiogenius said...

mmmm...looks nice.
and tastes too...heheheheeee

expecting more and more...and more...:))

ishqia said...

hi.. thanks for visiting my blog and blogrolling me.. i will surely keep visiting ur blog..

i too cook and have made many experiences.. lets see ur dish.. if i like i will surely give it a try and then tellu how it came out..

ishqia said...

read the recipe.. looks a nice one.. will inshallah give it a try..

Anonymous said...

nice one..
yummy yummy:)

mirage said...

@neeku, thanks 4 visiting..:)

@xenomann, nice compliment
i like hearing that:))

@ scorpio, surely, surely...;)

@ venusplanet, thanks for dropping by.

mirage said...

@ ishqia, thank u 4 ur visit to my blog

im delighted to hear ur 2nd comment, and a bit scared too:)))
Good luck dear!

and tell me how it went ok???

Deepti said...

Nice blog .. keep posting your recipies . thanks for dropping by at my blog :)

ishqia said...

dont we have to put salt..

Unknown said...

Nice one...I have had this from my frnds home! I like it too... :))

Neetha.

mirage said...

@ishqia
Absolutely right.Without salt,It wouldn't be nice.Thanks for the correction,I ll add it too.

mirage said...

@Deepthi
@Neetha

Thanks friends.:):)

Cяystal said...

Whoa.
Seems completely "yummy" :D

Hope to try it!
Nice blog.

Do visit my blog when you get time,mate :)
Way to go.

*Cheers*

Macadamia The Nut said...

Hey this looks SO yummy! I only make the normal aviyal.. with mango instead of 'puli' every now and then. I'll try it out soon!

Keshi said...

yummmmmmmmm!

Keshi.