Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My thoughtSNAP

I accidentally clicked this site while browsing n saw the dark face of life.But really felt a relief when i realized that i did something worthwhile when i clicked it.


http://www.bhookh.com/

Its so heart-breaking to see young children dying of hunger,losing parents ,and struggling for existence,in fact the black hands of destiny.



One of the Pulitzer award winning picture I came across was soooooo heart-breaking that it never disappears from my mind.
In 1994, Kevin Carter won the Pulitzer prize for a photo showing a vulture stalking an infant girl in Sudan.
" PULITZER PRIZE " winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine.
The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.
The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.
Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

6 comments:

scorpiogenius said...

I remember this pic and the sad tale around it.

BTW mirage, the 'bhook' website you have provided doesnt have a hyperlink. Please provide it..Thanx:))

mirage said...

Thanku scorpiogenius.I ve provided the link for it.

Unknown said...

Its really impressive that you made an effort to include this in ur blog!
Congrats!

Neetha.

Macadamia The Nut said...

Why does sorrow evoke more emotion than happiness :((
I feel sad all over again

Tairebabs said...

I remember this picture. Very sad indeed.

mirage said...

@Neetha

Thanks neetha,the picture was actually deep rooted in my heart.