Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My favorite 5 quotes

I have been tagged for the first time by bindhu.. hurray! I am asked to jot down 5 quotes of my choice from the favorite books I have read or came across...
I liked it.Thanks Bindhu

Here are a few quotes...

1) With great power comes great responsibilities.
- a memorable quote from the movie Spiderman (2002) .

2) "This is my belief: that through difficulties and problems God gives us the opportunity to grow. So when your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins."
- Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Wings of Fire

3) "Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended."
(സഫലം ആക്കാന്‍ തക്ക വണ്ണമുള്ള ഒരു സ്വപ്നം ഉണ്ടെന്ഗിലെ ജീവിതം അര്‍ത്ഥപൂര്‍ണ്ണം ആകൂ )
-Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Wings of Fire

4)"When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you achieve it"
- The Alchemist

5)A kind word can warm three winter months.
- A Japanese proverb

I m hereby tagging you friends:)))

scorpiogenius
nishanth nair
keshi
deeps
devika

13 comments:

Keshi said...

wow I love that last one alot! :)

U know Deepti tagged me on this one too...Im gonna do it soon. tnxx hun!

When I do it, I'll come n leave u a msg here ok.

*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Solitaire said...

Love number 4!! Totally!!

Salil said...

Hi,

That is a good set of quotes.

Here's another interesting one - "If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit."

Cheers,
Salil

Keshi said...

btw I just did it :)

Keshi.

scorpiogenius said...

Small and meaningful post..

Well compiled Mirage.
:))

scorpiogenius said...

Oh, and since I've been tagged by the same tag by two people, I'll be doing it shortly...

OK??? ;)

dEEPs said...

nice..
4th i liked most.. many times m also relise it.

very soon i`ll do this also.:)

Devika Jyothi said...

Hi Mirage,
In my shock that to hear that you have tagged me, when i myslef couldn;t make out tagging meant..I forgot to comment on your tags. :-)

I like your third most...and I would take the english quote, to mean..
Once a dreamer achieves a great dream..another one arises in the horizon...rt, no?

Btw, i have two more blogs...if you would love to read more ..all are reflections of me :-)

and I am going Kerala this week (Onam!)and will resume blogging b last week of September..

Happy Onam and Seasons Greetings to you, too!

Madurai citizen said...

Good set of quotes...
Happy Onam and Seasons Greetings to you..
Jai Sai Ram

nishanth nair said...

Tagged u..
My quote for the situation

Entha vijaya ee budhi nerathe thonnathathu...heheee

Small one but beautiful..

Happy onam...

Aiswarya said...

I loved all the quotes. very nice!! expecially, you know what i cant pick one. They are all gud. I must write one on a post it every day for my work computer!!

Usha said...

'A kind word can warm three winter months.'

- that one was really really good.

nice quotes, all of them! :)

Keshi said...

where r u Mirage?

Keshi.